There are many types of work-related injuries

Well first, it is an employer’s responsibility to ensure a safe working environment. If you have been injured in a workplace accident you would typically seek to recover compensation from the workers’ compensation insurer wages, rehabilitation, and medical costs.

However, in certain instances, you can also lodge what is known as a ‘common law claim’.

This is in addition to your workers’ compensation claim.

If you have sustained at least a 10 percent permanent whole of person impairment, you may be able to pursue a common law claim against your employer in negligence – that is failing to provide a proper and safe workplace.

Distinct from the ‘no-fault’ workers’ compensation system a common law claim requires you to establish that your workplace injury was because of your employer’s negligence and operate through the courts.

Common claims can include:

Your entitlements

Your workplace should be a safe environment. This is a right given to every worker in Australia. Any person who suffers a work-related injury or illness can make a claim for compensation.

Under the Workers Compensation Scheme, you may be entitled to certain benefits including:

Legal Help

At United Legal, we understand that each matter is different.

There are a number of situations in which legal advice can be useful.

Whether you are recently injured at work or, you have been receiving workers compensation payments for a while:

At United Legal we are here to; listen, support, protect, and champion you and your rights.

Come in and get a free consultation. We are just down the road in Fyshwick.

United Legal

Worker’s Compensation Lawyers

For our legal support services Contact us at (02) 6295 2283

Visit us at

54-56 Townsville St, Fyshwick ACT 2609

Leave a Reply